Karen Watson Psychotherapy will hold the following information:
- Your personal and contact details as requested when you registered with www.karenwpsychotherapy.co.uk
- Financial information relating to the sessions attended and payments made.
- Copies of letters and communications between you and Karen Watson Counselling and Psychotherapy.
- Consultation/assessment report.
- GP details.
- Supervision process notes (anonymised notes presented to a senior colleague for safety and quality purposes).
This data will be gathered in the legitimate interest of assisting me in fulfilling the Contract for Therapy. It may also be necessary for me to hold and process this data in the interests of any safeguarding and risk factors.
Length of Time Records Will Be Kept
Individual data will be held in note format for 6 years and will be held securely and will be strictly confidential.
Collection of Data
Your data will be used for the following purposes:
- To ensure I can contact you regarding your therapy sessions.
- For finance to ensure payments for sessions are up to date.
- For me to discuss case notes at clinical supervision meetings. It is an ethical requirement for all therapists to have supervision to ensure their work is safe and effective.
Your rights as a data subject
You have the right to:
- Withdraw consent where that is the legal basis of my processing.
- Access your personal data that I process.
- Rectify inaccuracies in personal data that I hold about you.
- Be forgotten, that is your details to be removed from systems that I use to process your personal data.
- Obtain a copy of your data in a commonly used electronic form.
- Object to certain processing of your personal data by me.